Ticket booking has been made even easier for the comfort of travelers in India, as Amazon India has partnered with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to help passengers book train tickets without any hassle. Regarded to be a ‘festive launch.’ For now, the online railway ticket booking feature is only available for Android users on the Amazon mobile website and the app. The e-commerce company says that building out its service with new features would make the process of ticket booking more convenient for customers. In a press release, Amazon said that the feature would soon find its way into the iOS platform.
Customers will benefit from a wide variety of features, including one-click payment, no extra service costs, and cashback deals, according to the company. The first-time prime customers can use cashback of up to Rs. 120 on their train ticket bookings as an introductory deal, while non-prime members can get a flat 10 percent back, up to Rs 100. Check the specifics here. In case of train cancellation or booking errors, clients booking via Amazon Pay will also receive an instant refund.
Here are some steps regarding how to book train tickets on Amazon India
- To benefit from train ticket booking, visit Amazon’s website amazon.in and the Android user app. You have to check the QR code to open the train ticket if you are booking from your mobile.
- By going to the Amazon Pay tab, customers can book tickets and then select the train/travel category and click on the ‘Train Tickets’ option.
- Like every other travel booking system, the process is where customers have to put their destinations and travel date in and choose a suitable train trip from the list that shows up. You can easily choose your train from these options.
- Users may choose to either use their Amazon Pay Balance or apply for some other form of digital payment. Click on the page for the payment section and choose the right option.
- Customers can cancel their tickets as well, too. They have to visit the ‘Your Orders’ section on Amazon India for this.
Before booking the tickets, travelers can check seat and quota availability on the Amazon mobile app for all train classes. The ticket booking portal also enables customers to search for all their booked train tickets on Amazon for their PNR status. People can even download rail tickets and cancel them if they want to.
How do you take advantage of this offer?
· Go to Amazon.in for ‘Train Tickets’;
· Pick your favorite train;
· Select a valid offer (if not already selected) on the ‘Payment option’ tab.
· Confirm and complete your payment with booking information.
Within 3 business days of the successful booking of the train ticket on Amazon.in, the cashback will be credited as the Amazon Pay balance. The offer is valid for the period from 29 September 2020 to 15 November 2020. The offer can be used by individuals once during the offer duration. The short-term promotional offer, namely the Trains Offer (‘Offer’), is made available to you by Amazon Pay (India) Private Limited (‘APIPL’) and is made available on the amazon.in