As we all know about E-Commerce that it came into existence in the 1970s. Whereas M-Commerce came later during the 1990s. Due to a large number of mobile users globally, E-commerce which stands for Electronic Commerce has a narrower reach than M-Commerce.
E-Commerce is commonly a less costly method. The setup of the website and use of the internet is both relatively has a low cost as compared to the M-Commerce which is expensive but resulting as well you have to develop the mobile app in M-Commerce. Mobile Commerce refers to the conducting of business through different mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and many more on a single internet connection.
We all known about the increasing use of mobile devices, they have taken the place of desktop and laptop. In the same way, M-Commerce becomes the main selling channel in the future. All thanks to the advantages that it brings to both large and small businesses.
You don’t need to travel to so many shops for shopping in M-Commerce. Further in this blog, I am going to share a few benefits of mobile commerce for retailers that can be listed as under.
1) Cost-Effective: M-Commerce is cost-effective and highly advantageous for the business. If retailer targets their consumer through M-Commerce then it can help retailers by cutting down their showroom cost and concentrate on developing the website and application for mobile usage by customers.
2) Target Large Audiences: Nowadays, as we all use smartphones on a large scale. It also helps retailers to sort their target audiences well so that they can implement m-commerce in a better way.
3) M-Commerce Applications: Developing the M-Commerce applications is beneficial for the business because it’s easy to use and faster so that’s why they are chosen widely by consumers for shopping from their mobile phones. M-Commerce application helps retailers to make business customer-centric and convenient so that shopping gets a boost. It helps to prompt sales.
4) Dispersal: It means to distribute useful information among a large number of consumers on the basis of their geographical location. This distribution of user data among the users or consumers happens because of wireless infrastructure.
5) Accurate Timing: It implies retailers can arrive at their shoppers whenever by streamlining their content even while in a hurry. Various
m-commerce platforms, regardless of whether for mobile search or social media, enable brands to time their promotions.
Implementation of Mobile Commerce in the World: According to an analysis, from smartphones, one-third of e-commerce traffic comes and it’s required to arrive at 51% by 2021.
M-commerce created a sum of $2 billion in Black Friday and Monday Sales alone of 2017. Entrepreneurs are beginning to move their regard for the M-Commerce so as to drive more income.
Conclusion: In today’s technology world, M-Commerce is a very rapidly growing field and retailers take benefits of this rising field to generate even more revenue for your store.