Searching for the best keywords to employ on your website to increase organic traffic? Look no further. If this is the case, understanding how to utilise Google Keyword Planner with the keyword search tool free would be really beneficial!
It is possible to utilise Google Keyword Planner to discover fresh keyword ideas and blog post subjects, as well as to improve your search engine rankings. Having said that, if you’re unfamiliar with the tool, it might be a bit tricky to find out how to utilise it.
So, let’s learn how to utilise Google Keyword Planner and make the most of it in order to increase your search engine optimization performance.
Step 1- Create a Google Ads Account
Before you can begin using Google Keyword Planner, you’ll need to create an account with Google. If you do not already have an account, making one is simple and takes just a few minutes.
- Go to the Google Ads home page and click on the Start Now button once you’ve registered an account. To sign in, pick your Google account from the drop-down menu.
- Following your sign-in, Google Ads will prompt you to build a new campaign. Because we are not planning on spending any money on advertisements, you can skip this step by selecting Create an account without a campaign.
- After that, put your company’s details, such as billing nation, time zone, and currency, in the appropriate fields. Once you’ve finished filling out the form, click the Submit button.
- Congratulations, you have now successfully opened a Google Ads account. To access the Google Ads panel, choose to Explore Your Account from the drop-down menu.
To use the Google Keyword Planner, choose Tools & Settings from the right-hand top corner of the screen. Then, from the drop-down menu that appears, pick Keyword Planner, which is located under the Planning heading.
Step 2- Obtaining Google Keyword Planner
To use the Google Keyword Planner, choose Tools & Settings from the right-hand top corner of the screen. Then, from the drop-down menu that appears, pick Keyword Planner, which is located under the planning heading.
Following that, you’ll be presented with two options:
- Discover new keywords – This option provides you with fresh keyword suggestions that you may use to enhance the number of visitors to your website. You can also various best free keyword research tools.
- Get search volume and forecasts- You may use this option to find out the historical trend, search volume, and future prediction for a list of keywords by selecting the option “Get search volume and forecasts.”
Step 3- Attempt the Discover New Keywords Option
Following the selection of Discover new keywords, you’ll be presented with two tabs:
Start with Keywords and Start with a Website.
- Start with a list of keywords.
For example, you may search for keywords by entering words (for example, Google Analytics) or phrases (for example, how to use Google Analytics) in the start with keywords field. You may add up to ten keywords or phrases, and if you like, you can even enter a domain name to be used as a search filter. After you have entered your search keywords, click on Get Results.
- Start with a website
Looking at what your rivals are doing and getting inspiration from their keywords is a great way to start a new project. Simply input the URL of their website to discover the keywords they are currently focusing on.
As soon as you click the Get Results button, Google Keyword Planner will bring you results based on the URL or keywords you supplied, and it will also propose a slew of additional keyword suggestions.
Step 4: Experiment with the Get Search Volumes and Forecasts feature
Simply type in your keywords or phrases in the box, separated by commas or on the next line, then click Get Started to begin searching.
Google Keyword Planner will anticipate the total amount of clicks, impressions (how many times your ad would be shown if you were running ads), overall cost, average position, and cost-per-click (CPC) you may expect for the keywords you input over the next 30 days.
Google Keyword Planner is intended for advertising, but it also offers a lot of use for search engine optimization. In the beginning, it is completely free of charge. Additionally, it provides a fantastic beginning point for locating keywords for your company. You may look for specific search phrases, or you can input a website URL to view keywords associated with that website. The bidding values and the amount of competition are quite useful in determining how profitable the keywords are to bid on. It assists you in selecting monetary keywords that might aid in the growth of your business.